1 dressed rabbit, 1 1/2 lbs
2 cups cold water
2 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter, melted
4tsp grated onion
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup water
- Start oven (broiler) 10 mim before baking; set to
mod hot (350 F).
and wash the rabbit thoroughly.
- Cut into serving pieces.
- Place in bowl, cover with cold water and add salt.
- Soak 1-1/2 hrs.
- Drain and pat dry with absorbent paper or cloth.
- Melt butter in saucepan, remove from heat, add
remaining ingredients and beat thoroughly.
- Dip rabbit pieces in sauce and arrange on
aluminum-foil-lined shallow pan and place under broiler 3 inches
from source of heat.
- Broil 30 min basting with remaining sauce every 10
- After top side is well browned, turn rabbit,
increase heat to 375 F, and broil another 40 mim, basting
- Then turn oven to 400 F and broil 15 min so that
meat browns richly.
- Remove to platter; pour remaining sauce in broiler
pan over rabbit.
- 4 servings.
- >Note: If larger rabbits are broiled, increase seasonings
proportionately to the increase in weight.