red wine marinade
- red wine marinade:
- 1-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup dry wine
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Prepare marinade: Place the olive oil and garlic in a small bowl. Slowly add the red wine, whisking all the while with a wire whisk to form an emulsion. Add the pepper; mix well.
- two-mustard sauce:
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons coarse-ground prepared mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the birds in a shallow non-aluminum pan, pour the marinade over, and turn the birds to coat evenly. Cover and marinade overnight in the refrigerator or for 2 hours at room temperature, turning occasionally.
- Make the sauce: Place the cream and garlic in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly to prevent the cream from boiling over. When the cream is reduced by about half and is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, stir in the two mustards and mix well.
- Prepare a fire in an open grill. When the coals are medium hot, place the birds skin side down, on the grill. Cook, turning once, until the skin is golden brown and the juices run clear when the underside is pierced with a fork, about 7 to 9 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and let rest 5 minutes before serving. Serve with sauce