Place one kid goat with hams and shoulders on bottom of
roasting rack top with the ribs and backstrap or tenderloin.
Make a basting sauce of the following:
- 1 stick of butter, we prefer unsalted butter for the sweet
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon Salt Juice of one lime
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Celery Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon each, Rosemary, Basil, Savory and Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
Melt butter in microwave and add the garlic, salt and lime juice. Heat thoroughly in microwave. Add the rest of the ingredients. Pour over cabrito and roast for about 3-4 hours covered with foil, basting often with the sauce in the roasting pan. After 4 hours, uncover and baste thoroughly and cook in oven an additional 45 minutes to 1 hour. This will cause the meat to crust over. Baste with the sauce as often as you can. This will keep the meat from drying out. Carve and serve with fresh pico de gallo and sliced avocado. This is a meal we often serve our houseguests and find that it is exactly what they want when they come back.